(Please click the link above to review the full job description)
The Housing Choice Voucher Specialist is responsible for providing customer service, determining eligibility, calculating income, applying policies, and ensuring compliance to provide Housing Choice Vouchers to clients of the Helena Housing Authority. This position reports to the Housing Program Manager.
• Explain program requirements and procedures, collect applicant information, determine eligibility for the housing choice voucher program and maintain applicant records;
• Meet with applicants to explain detailed requirements and assist them with completing applications. Waitlist management. Notify applicants of decision based on voucher availability;
• Complete the process to award vouchers, calculate rents and housing assistance; coordinate with landlords, arrange inspections and monitor recipient eligibility;
• Conduct reviews of continued eligibility for vouchers that include income verification, change in family status, adherence to occupancy rules, initiating inspections etc. Terminate clients from the program who are no longer eligible or have violated rules;
• Prepare reports and maintain records of program activities for review by the Operations Manager to ensure accurate housing assistance program policies are adhered to;
• Perform a variety of other duties in support of ongoing HHA functions. The position may include working on HHA’s permanent support housing voucher program providing housing vouchers for persons and families who are homeless in our area including veterans and person with disabilities, requiring close coordination and communication with landlords and program participants as well as community healthcare and social service agencies.
Qualifications to Join our Team:
Requires education and experience equivalent to an associate degree with coursework in human services, business, communication and/or office technology, and two years’ experience in social service, housing, customer service, and/or office management. Attention to detail, customer service, communication, math, and office software skills required. Requires possession of, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; and the ability to pass a criminal background check.
Anticipated New Hire Pay Range:
$20.00 - $24.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Full-time employees receive 37 days of paid time off, health insurance, participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System, and generous paid time off. To see additional benefit details, please visit the HHA Employment Information page.
HHA offers a Housing Choice Voucher career ladder providing high-performing individuals promotion opportunities plus organizational and individual pay awards (base pay increases and bonuses) to earn up to $28.88 per hour or $60,079 per year.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and completed HHA Employment Application Form either electronically at https://wkf.ms/3reeBhX or by mail to CMS, Attn: Casey DaSilva, P.O. Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624.
HHA Application Form:
Download a copy of the HHA Employment Application Form. For optimum formatting, please save the file to your computer before filling out the application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it here now.
The position is open until filled. Applications received by midnight, Monday, October 2, 2023, will receive priority consideration. If a suitable candidate is found during that screening, later applications will not be considered. We look forward to speaking with you!
For more information regarding benefits and how to apply, please visit the HHA Employment Information page here.
Questions: Please call 406-442-4934 or email gross[at]cmsmontana.com.