(Please click the link above to review the full job description)
The Custodian/Groundskeeper is responsible for performing a variety of manual and semi-skilled tasks in maintaining facilities, grounds, and landscaping to ensure orderly, functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing appearances of assigned areas. It is also responsible for providing a variety of cleaning, custodial, and maintenance services to ensure buildings, facilities and property are clean, orderly, and safe.
The Custodian/Groundskeeper position reports to the Facilities Manager and does not directly supervise any positions.
• Gathering and removing debris and depositing it in garbage stations.
• Conducting inspections for various purposes.
• Operating vehicles, powered equipment, hand tools, etc.
• Maintaining and/or repairing tools, equipment, or structures.
• Upkeep of grounds e.g., lawns, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, etc.
• Identifying and reporting building maintenance needs.
Qualifications to Join our Team:
• Requires the equivalent of high school diploma or GED and two years related janitorial and groundskeeping experience.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Montana Driver’s License; including a driving record acceptable to insurance carriers.
• Ability to work overtime, or after-hours work, if needed.
• Must pass an extensive background check, including an acceptable criminal background check.
Anticipated New Hire Pay Range:
$16.36 - $19.24 per hour depending on qualifications. Full-time employees receive 37 days of paid time off, health insurance, and participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System. To see additional benefit details, please visit the HHA Employment Information page.
HHA offers a competitive wage with opportunity for career advancement through our Custodian/Groundskeeper Career Ladder providing highly experienced and skilled, high performing individuals promotion opportunities to earn up to $22.13 an hour, plus organizational and individual pay awards (base pay increases and bonuses) and promotion opportunities.
HHA Application Form:
Download a copy of the HHA Employment Application Form. For optimum formatting, please save the file to your computer before filling out the application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it here now.
The position is open until filled. Applications received by November 5, 2023, will receive priority consideration. If a suitable candidate is found during that screening, later applications will not be considered. We look forward to speaking with you!
HHA is committed to maintaining a safe and secure work environment for employees and residents. As part of our hiring process, we conduct criminal history checks for the top candidates of all recruitments and driving history checks for candidates of positions that require operating company vehicles.
For more information regarding benefits and how to apply, please visit the HHA Employment Information page here.
Questions: Please call 406-442-4934 or email gross[at]cmsmontana.com.