HHA HCV Specialist Job Description (please click to review full job description)
The Helena Housing Authority (HHA) is recruiting for a Housing Choice Voucher Specialist. This position is responsible for providing customer service, determining eligibility, calculating income, applying policies, operating computer, and ensuring compliance to provide Housing Choice Vouchers to clients of the Helena Housing Authority. This position processes applications for HCV programs, administers and follows policies and procedures established for the Housing Authority, while maintaining records and furnishing reports on such activities. Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Explain program requirements and procedures, collect applicant information, determine eligibility for the housing choice voucher program and maintain applicant records.
- Meet with applicants to explain detailed requirements and assist them with completing applications. Waitlist management. Notify applicants of decision based on voucher availability.
- Complete the process to award vouchers, calculating rents and housing assistance; coordinate with landlords, arranging inspections and ongoing monitoring of recipient’s eligibility.
- Conduct reviews of continued eligibility for vouchers that includes income verification, change in family status, adherence to occupancy rules, initiating inspections etc. Terminate clients from the program who no longer are eligible or have violated rules.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of program activities for Director of Finance to ensure accurate housing assistance program policies are followed.
- Performs a variety of other duties in support of ongoing HHA functions.
The position requires education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree with coursework in business, communication and/or office technology and two years’ experience in social service, housing, customer service, and/or office management. Attention to detail, customer service, communication, math, and office software skills required. Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; and the ability to pass a criminal background check.
Starting pay is $13.81-$16.44/hour depending on qualifications plus a generous benefit package.
HHA offers great benefits including participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), health insurance, and a generous paid leave program including holidays, sick leave, and vacation leave.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and completed HHA Application Form (Attention: HHA HCV Specialist) either electronically to email@example.com or by mail to P.O. Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624. Initial application screening deadline is 5:00 P.M., May 31, 2018. Applications continue to be accepted and position remains open until filled. HHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download a copy of the HHA Electronic Employment Application. For optimum formatting, please save the file to your computer before filling out the application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it now.