Property Manager I (Please click link to see full job description.)
The Helena Housing Authority seeks a Property Manager for a range of duties to include property management, housing program and policy administration, rent collection/accounting, coordinating maintenance, resolving tenant complaints, providing customer service, managing records, writing reports and other related tasks.
• Establish and maintain an effective landlord/renter relationship with HHA clients to ensure compliance with lease agreements and housing regulations and safe and comfortable living arrangements.
• Perform recordkeeping and reporting by collecting and maintaining a variety of housing program data and prepare reports for the Board and federal and state partner agencies.
• Initiate work orders for repairs by maintenance staff.
• Collect payment of deposit and rent. Meet with tenants to resolve overdue issues; prepare and send overdue notices, initiate eviction process for nonpayment. Post payment to the accounting and management information system (YARDI)
• Perform various other duties such as completing special projects, attending meetings and conferences, maintaining an awareness of emergency service networks and be available for 24 hour/weekend coverage as required to respond to emergency/immediate client issues.
Qualifications: Requires education and experience equivalent to a college degree or vocational/technical training and two years’ experience. Requires strong client relations skills; housing/property management experience; customer service or related experience; possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Montana Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to insurance carriers; and the ability to work extended hours, if needed. Must pass a background check. Course work in real estate and PHM, SPHM, CSM, CPM or RPA designation are preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities in: Communications and teamwork, self-development, efficiency and effectiveness, adaptability to changes and problem-solving skills
• Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Access, Excel and Power Point
• Windows based applications
• Internet Explorer
Benefits: HHA offers great benefits including participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), generous holiday, annual, and sick Leave; health and life Insurance.
Salary Range: $34,990 -$42,157
To apply: please submit a resume, cover letter and completed HHA Employment Application form (Attention: HHA Property Manager) either electronically to: Khoxie@mt.net or by mail to P.O. Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624. Application screening deadline is 5:00 pm, October 31, 2017. Applications continue to be accepted and position remains open until filled.
Download a copy of theHHA Electronic Employment Application. For optimum formatting, please save the file to your computer before filling out the application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it now.
HHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintenance Technician (Please click link to see full job description.)
The Helena Housing Authority seeks a Maintenance Technician responsible for maintaining and repairing buildings, electrical, mechanical & plumbing systems and grounds features. Duties include:
• Maintenance and repair of doors, windows, gates, walls, floors, roofs, and other building features using knowledge of carpentry, cabinetry, drywall, tiling, roofing, and skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
• Repair and maintenance of building utilities, appliances, and mechanical systems using knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heating/ventilation/air conditioning, and welding.
• Manual and semi-skilled tasks in maintaining the landscape using knowledge of lawns, trees, shrubs, and other plants and a variety of hand and power equipment.
• May involve remediating contaminated units, conducting inspections and pest management.
Requires the equivalent of high school graduation with vocational coursework and three years experience in construction and/or maintenance, a driver’s license, and acceptable background check.
HHA offers competitive salary with opportunity for career advancement through our Maintenance Technician Career Ladder. HHA also provides professional development and training opportunities including Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training.
Benefits: HHA offers great benefits including participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), health insurance, and a generous paid leave program including holidays, sick leave, and vacation leave.
Starting pay is $14.97 – $18.04/hour depending on qualifications plus a generous benefit package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and completed HHA Application Form (Attention: HHA Maintenance Technician) either electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PO Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624 by 5:00 p.m., October 9, 2017 application screening deadline. Applications continue to be accepted and position remains open until filled.
Download a copy of the HHA Electronic Employment Application. For optimum formatting, please save the file to your computer before filling out the application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it now.