Custodian/Groundskeeper (Facility Support Technician) (Please click link to see full job description)
Helena Housing Authority (HHA) is recruiting a Custodian/Groundskeeper (Facility Support Technician) responsible for performing a variety of manual and semiskilled tasks in maintaining facilities, grounds and landscaped features to ensure orderly, functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing appearances of assigned areas. This position offers opportunities for learning new skills, for obtaining training, and for career advancement with competitive pay and generous benefits.
- Monitoring grounds and facilities to remove trash and report unsafe conditions;
- Caring for lawns, pruning trees and shrubbery, landscaping flower beds, etc. using mowers, trimmers, power tools and hand tools;
- Providing proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other grounds features;
- Operating vehicles and powered equipment, as well as diagnosing and performing minor repairs and preventative maintenance on machines, tools and equipment;
- Providing cleaning, custodial and maintenance services to ensure buildings and facilities are clean, orderly and safe which includes removing garbage from interior and exterior of facilities, cleaning floors, walls, windows, cabinets, appliances, plumbing fixtures, etc. as well as performing minor repairs and painting; and
- Proposing and implementing regularly scheduled deep cleaning activities.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; two years related janitorial and grounds keeping experience, a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record ; and acceptable background checks. Must be available to work overtime and/or after-hours, if needed.
Opportunities: HHA offers a competitive salary and great benefits with opportunity for career advancement through our Facility Support Career Ladder, and learning new skills through extensive job training.
Pay Range: Starting pay is $12.47-$14.67/hour depending on qualifications plus a generous benefit package.
Benefits: HHA offers great benefits including participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), health insurance, and a generous paid leave program including holidays, sick leave, and vacation leave.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and completed HHA Application Form (Attention: HHA FST ) either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to P.O. Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624. Initial application screening deadline is 5:00 pm, Monday February 19, 2017. Applications will continue to be accepted and position remains open until filled.
Download a copy of the HHA Electronic Employment Application. For optimum formatting, please save the file to your computer before filling out the application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it now.